Thank you, Samantha Lamb! She’s nominated me for the Liebster Blogging Award! Besides the fact that she knows good writing when she sees it, I like her because we are both caffeine addicts.
Part of the process is I have to answer her questions…about ANYTHING SHE WANTS. So here goes:
1.) How did you name your blog/site? The name is mine. I wanted to be “Southern Mom” but there are so many already!
2.) Why did you start blogging? It seems like most mommy blogs/parenting books are focused towards mothers with kids 12 and under. What about moms of teens? We want support and friendship too! So I decided that was my “niche”.
3.) What three pieces of advice would you offer to other new bloggers? (That was such a great question, I had to pass it on.)
1. Blog regularly–at least once a week. If you blog less than that, your blog will look out of date and unkempt. The next thing you know…SPAM.
2. Pay attention to your stats. They will let you know what your most popular topics are–so you can give the people what they want!
3. Begin with three pages minimum. What are 3 topics you’re passionate about? Start there. This will save you so much time sorting through tons of blogs to categorize them later.
4.) What is something you want to do with your blog that you haven’t done yet? I want to start adding vlog posts, but I’m kinda chicken.
5.) What are three of your favorite books? The Thorn Birds by Colleen McCullough, The Shining by Stephen King and 7 by Jen Hatmaker.
6.) Are you a morning person or a night owl? Night owl. For sure.
7.) What is one food or drink item that you always make sure to never run out of? Coffee. I must have it. It’s my precious.
8.) What is one goal you’d like to accomplish in your lifetime? I want one of my books to break the NY Times Bestseller List.My current project is called Cold Coffee and Speed Limits: Encouragement for Mamas of Teens . It’s coming out on Amazon Sept. 25, and is available for pre-order now!
Eleven random facts about me:
1. I once played Nun #12 in a Rogers Little Theatre production of The Sound of Music. I did not have a speaking part. I was working up to it!
2. I played clarinet in high school, but not as well as my kid does.
3. I’m working on a doctoral degree in Higher Education Leadership as we speak, through A&M Commerce. Somehow I got into the program…
4. I’m afraid of rodents, math, monkeys and blankets on hotel beds. They are nasty, people. You don’t even know.
5. I love watching competitive cooking shows. Because competitive cooking.
6. I spent 3 weeks in Shanghai.
7. I’m obsessed with purple and orange.
8. I love sappy love songs, but I couldn’t listen to them when my son’s girlfriend moved because it would make me too sad.
9. I’m single-handedly keeping Starbucks in business.
10. I love all things London.
11. I’ve ruined many books because I can’t quit taking them in the bathtub with me. I’ll probably be buried by a pile of books one day.
I would like to nominate the following people for this award:
One thought on “The Liebster Award”
Love your answers to the blog questions, especially the coffee answers.
Comments are closed.